- '9781620972519 '
- 'So the club rose, the blood came down, and his bitterness and his anguish and his guilt were compounded' Drawing on B19552,Nejma,Nayyirah Waheed"
- 'Timely, portentous and powerful, Obioma's second novel confirms his remarkable talent' Independent 19844,One Day in December"
- "A ground-shaping book that defines the edge of so many vital contemporary debates. Hers is a voice si19774,Shook One: Anxiety Playing Tricks on Me"
- "If you've ever sent 20 bucks off to a relief organization, you owe it to yourself to read this book." Michae229,Durable Fire
- "Most people spend far more time in preparation for their vocation than they 18049,Think Like a Freak: Secrets of the Rogue Economist"
- "We were eight years in power" was the lament of Reconstruction-era black politicians as the American experiment in multiracia17961,One Long Night H/C"
- *** THE INCREDIBLE No. 1 New York Times BESTSELLER *** Make your bed to18225,Wide Sargasso Sea"
- 13 Reasons Why
- 16850,Humans Of New York"
- 7 HABITS OF HIGHLY EFFECTIVE FAMILIES,THE-US
- A brand-new translation of the world’s greatest satirist. With a 18125,Brave New World"
- A Conspiracy of Faith: A Department Q Novel
- A groundbreaking and wide-angled memoir by the acclaime19494,Everything Under"
- A history of the 1967 Six-Day War, by the BBC's distinguished former Middle East correspondent. Author: JEREMY BOWEN ISBN:9780743449694
- A modern classic in the African literary canon and voted in the Top Ten Africa's 100 Best Books of the 20th Century, this novel brings to17629,Barking Up the Wrong Tree"
- A2153,48 Laws of Power"
- Afr15655,REPORTING DI15474
- African Affairs
- African Fiction
- African Literature
- All Things New
- An A-to-Z guide to living and aging well by #1 bestselling author, actress, and workout pioneer Jane Fonda In this un13768,Sixth Man
- AN IMPERFECT OFFERING
- Angela's Ashes
- Assault on Intelligence: American National Secu19317,What the Customer Wants You to Know: How Everybody Needs to Think Differently About Sales"
- Author:M L Jhingan ISBN:9788182811690
- Auto/ Biography
- Autobiography of Malcolm X, The
- Barack and Michelle
- Barbara de Angelis
- Benjamin R Barber
- Bill Clinton
- Busi17902,Finite and Infinite Ga17855
- Business & Finance
- Cal Newport
- Children can explore 1000 different vehicles in this colourful picture word book. Includes al18785,I'll Be Gone in the Dark"
- Children'18725,Petals of Blood"
- Children's Fiction
- Classic Literature
- Classic17674,I'm Fine... and Other Lies"
- Collapse: How Societies Choose To Fail Or Survive
- Consolations of Philosophy, The
- CORNER OFFICE, THE
- Creativity, Inc.: Overcoming the Unseen Forces That Stand in the Way of 18977,I'll Give You the Sun"
- Creativity, Inc.: Overcoming the Unseen Forces19331,To All the Boys I Have Loved Before"
- Cutting Season,The
- Daisy's hot on the trail of a murdered writer! September 1926, and Daisy's in Derbyshire, visiting an old school friend who's currently15241,MANAGING HERITAGE
- David Baldacci
- Deadly Waters
- Diary Of A Wimpy Kid
- DICTATOR'S HANDBOOK
- Dissent and the Supreme Court
- Don’t wait for miracl18238,Drop the Ball"
- Dr Wayne W Dyer
- Effective Executive, The
- EMOTIONAL CHAOS TO CLARITY
- Enjoy Your Journey
- Exit West
- Fem18693,Winnie- the-Pooh:The Complete Co18456
- Feminism & Women's Affairs
- Feminism and Women Affairs
- Fire and Fury: Inside the Tr18302,Crack
- For 30 years, Pulitzer Prize-winning16019,PORTFOLIOS OF THE POOR"
- For Colored Girls Who Have Considered Suicide When the Rain1950,Wretched Of The Earth
- Fragile Things
- Frank Furness is recognised as one of the world's top motivators, speakers and trainers, helping salespeople, 9327,50 MANAGEMENT IDEAS"
- From My Sister Lips
- From the bestselling author of The Black Swan, a bold book that challenges many of our long-held belief18205,Children of Blood and Bone"
- Gary Vaynerchuk
- Gonjon Pin & Other Stories,The
- Good Time to be a Girl, A
- Hari Kunzru
- Harry Potter And The Philosopher's Stone
- he commands that the body of the rebel Polynices be left unburied and unmourned
- Health & Relationships
- Helen Oyeyemi
- Her mother destroyed her. The garden saved her. Poppy was six years old when she was rescued from her abusive mother and taken 18539,White Tears"
- Here are twelve compelling biographies of some of the most powerful ministers ever to ignite the fires of revival by dynamically demo12592,Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows 2014"
- Hillary Rodham Clinton’s inside look at the choices and challenges she has faced is “a subtle, finely calibrated work…with succinct and often shrewd appraisals of the complex15274,LINCHPIN,SETH GODIN"
- HOW TO STUDY LAW
- In 1971, President Nixon imposed national price controls and took the United States off the gold standard, an extreme measure inten13234,FUTURE MINDS"
- In Business Stripped Bare, Sir Richard Branson shares the inside track on his life in business and reveals the incredible truth abou19070,Taxing Africa: Coercion
- In May 1997, the world wa19037,Quantum Computing Since Democritus"
- In this candid and riveting memoir, for the first time ever, Nike founder and CEO Phil Knight shares the inside story of the company’s 19443,Bigger Deal: Work Your Way to a Life of Meaning"
- In this fan favorite from #1 New York Times bestselling author Debbie 18430,Collected Stories
- In this runaway #1 New York Times bestseller, former secret service officer Gary Byrne, who was posted d17960,Steve Jobs L/P"
- Inferior: How Sc19604,A Distant Mirror: The Calamitous 14th Century"
- J K Rowling
- James Baldwin
- Jeremy Clarkson puts the pedal to the floor in Don't Stop Me Now, a collection of his Sunday Times motor391,From Third World to First World: The Singapore Story 1965-2000"
- Jesmyn Ward
- Jews and Their Future, The
- K. I. LAIBUTA
- Kennedy Odede
- Kenyan History
- Kyle Harper
- Language/Coffee Table Books
- Laura Doyle
- Leadership: James M. Burns
- Legal Practice
- Legal Practices
- Literary Ficti1918,Antigone,Soph19123,Shoe Dog: A Memoir by the Creator of NIKE"
- Literary Fiction
- Living A Life You Love: Embracing the adventure of bei19595,Master's Tools Will Never Dismantle the Master's House
- Lunatic Express, The
- Magic of Conflict: Turning a Life of Work into a Work of Art
- Management Theory and Practice provides a clear and concise introduction to the 270,Africa's third liberation
- Marketing Automation
- MARTIN LINDSTROM
- Maya Angelou has fascinated, moved, and inspired countless readers with the first three volume8154,Capital: Volume I"
- National Book Critics Circle Award Winner (Nonfiction) PEN/Oakland Award Winner BCALA Nonfiction Award Winner Gustavus Meyers Award W18601,N-W,Zadie Smith"
- Never Let Me Go
- Nick Bostrom
- Nigel Hamilton's account of Bill Clinton's early life and career - Bill Clinton: An American Journey - d5225,Brain That Changes Itself
- No Fist Is Big Enough to Hide the Sky: The Libe18332,Hirohito and the Making of Modern Japan"
- Norman Vincent Peale
- On Competition
- Parenting/ Health/ Relati13680,No Higher Honor13415
- Parenting/ Health/ Relationships
- People in the Trees, The
- Peter Godfrey-Smith
- PETER SKARZYNSKI, ROWAN GIBSON
- Popular Culture
- Popular Science/Technology
- Power & P18016,Lists to Love By F17969
- Power & Politics
- Power &16172,AUDACITY TO WIN
- Prosperity Paradox: How Innovation Can Lift Nations Out of Poverty
- Race & Class"
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
- RICHARD REED
- Right hook"
- Ron Stallworth
- Sacred Marriage
- Sacred Marriage doesn't just offer techniques to make a marriage ha18453,My Husband's Wife"
- Secret Diary of Adrian Mole Aged 13 ¾ (The Originals
- Selected by the Modern Library as one of the 100 best novels of all time, Slaughterhouse-Five, a18036,World Without Mind"
- Self 18266,Segu,Maryse Conde"
- Self De18246,Captivate: The 18532
- Self De5808,When money destroys5372
- Self Developmen3541,Family
- Self Help/Mot18803,Pride and Pre18521
- Self Help/Motivation
- Significantly streamlined and updated, the second edition of Andrews' Contract Law now provide16998,Unfinished Revolution
- Spirituality/ Religious History
- Spirituality/Religious History
- Stephen Clarke
- STEPHEN HAWKING
- Steven Levingston
- Steven Pinker
- STRATEGIC PLANNING
- Suspense & T7942,EVERYTHING SHE EV8083
- Suspense & Thriller
- T.D Jakes
- The Dying Sahara: US Imperia18532,Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks
- The Eighth Story. Nineteen Years Late17028,HBR'S 10 MUST READS ON MANAGING Y'SELF
- The engaging sequel to Nicholas Drayson's much-loved A Guide to the Birds of East Africa sees the return of16016,DEFEATING MAU MAU
- The grandson of slaves, born into poverty in 1892 in the Deep South, A. G. Gaston died more than a century later with a fortune wort13249,Chasing the Devil"
- The period between the two World Wars were troubling years for colonial empire. Individuals and organizations began to call for major reforms and an end to white supre9224,BAD LUCK AND TROUBLE"
- The phenomenal follow-up to the bestselling Built to Last Imagine discovering what suc15267,I Am Malala"
- The story of three generations in twentieth-century China that blends 7797,Waiting for the Wild Beasts to Vote"
- There was a time when a US-set crime novel by a British writer (such as James Hadley Chase's No Orchids For Miss Blandish) could g8502,BREAKING DAWN"
- This Blinding Absence of Light
- Tiger Woods
- ULTIMATE GUIDE TO NETWORK MARKE9635,BUDDHA,DEEPAK CHOPRA"
- ULTIMATE GUIDE TO NETWORK MARKETIN9283,Funny You Should Say That"
- Understand Counselling will give you a clear understanding of the main counselling theories and help you develop vital counselling skills. It will introduce 9332,Encore Effect
- Unmerited Favour
- Ways to Disappear
- What's being widely regarded as "one of the most life changing books ever written" may be the simplest approach to achieving everything you've ever wanted, and fa18110,Love,Toni Morrison"
- What's the number one item on every company's agenda? Profitable Growth. Every Business Is a Growth Business is your on9558,SLEEP NO MORE"
- When it's not attached to your head, your very own hair takes on a disconcerting quality. Suddenly, it is strange. And yet hair finds its wa19221,Borderlines,Michela Wrong"
- Will You Please Be Quiet, Please?
- WILLIAM SHAKESPEARE
- Winston Churchill
- Wish you kn18195,Boom!,Mark Haddon"
- Worl8125,Freedom Next Time"
- World Affairs
- Yom Kippur War, The
- Young Adult
Filter by price
Comedian Gabbie Hanna brings levity to the twists and turns of modern adulthood in this exhilarating debut collection of illustrated poetry. In poems ranging from the singsong rhythms of children’s verses to a sophisticated confessional style, Gabbie explores what it means to feel like a kid and an adult all at once, revealing her own longings, obsessions, and insecurities along the way. Adultolescence announces the arrival of a brilliant new voice with a magical ability to connect through alienation, cut to the profound with internet slang, and detonate wickedly funny jokes between moments of existential dread. You’ll turn to the last page because you get her, and you’ll return to the first because she gets you. Author: Gabbie Hanna ISBN:9781471169458
In this beautiful, deeply moving poem, Maya Angelou inspires us to embrace the peace and promise of Christmas, so that hope and love can once again light up our holidays and the world. “Angels and Mortals, Believers and Nonbelievers, look heavenward,” she writes, “and speak the word aloud. Peace.” Read by the poet at the lighting of the National Christmas Tree at the White House on December 1, 2005, Maya Angelou’s celebration of the “Glad Season” is a radiant affirmation of the goodness of life and a beautiful holiday gift for people of all faiths. Author: Maya Angelou ISBN:9781400065585
OBSERVER BOOK OF THE YEAR 2017 ‘Yrsa’s work is like holding the truth in your hands. A glorious living thing’ Florence Welch ‘One of the must-reads of the year’ Rohan Silva, Evening Standard ‘You will come away bruised. You will come away bruised but this will give you poetry.’ Raw and stark, the poems in Yrsa Daley-Ward’s breakthrough collection strip down her reflections on the heart, life, the inner self, coming of age, faith and loss to their essence. They resonate to the core of experience. ‘yrsa daley-ward’s ‘bone’ is a symphony of breaking and mending. an expert storyteller. of the rarest. and purest kind – daley-ward is uncannily attentive and in tune to the things beneath life. beneath the skin. beneath the weather of the everyday.’ nayyirah waheed. author of salt. and nejma ‘Sharing is her form of survival … A powerful collection of a woman facing tumultuous inner and external battles head on, delivered with a hard-hitting directness, yet with inflections of optimism throughout’ i-D Magazine Author: Yrsa Daley-Ward ISBN:9781846149665
For fans of r.h. Sin comes a new voice, Samantha King’s raw, relatable poetry both celebrates love and mourns the human “curse to feel.” Her verse transports readers to the most private reaches of love and longing. Born to Love, Cursed to Feel is about love—the good, the bad, and the confusing. It touches on morals and how when emotions are involved it’s not as black and white. The poetry is frequently written in a narrative manner that evocatively pulls you in and makes you feel. This book is about falling in love, bad decisions, and ultimately growth. The essence of it all is to show that no matter how far one falls all the mistakes don’t have to be what defines them. Author : Samantha King ISBN : 9781449480950
Crossing the Unknown Sea shows how poetry and practicality, far from being mutually exclusive, reinforce each other to give every aspect of our lives meaning and direction. For anyone who wants to deepen their connection to their work-or find out what their life’s work is-this book is essential to navigating the way. “Readers who accept poet and Fortune 500 consultant Whyte’s invitation to enter into ‘an imaginative conversation about life and work’ are likely to be challenged as well as delighted by the beauty of his writing and the expansiveness of his views. Gracefully using the metaphor of a sea voyage to depict the journey through the world of work, Whyte views work not only as a means of support, but as a means for interacting with the world and developing self-expression and identity…An abundance of provocative ideas… thoughtful readers will wholeheart-edly savor this book.” Author: David Whyte ISBN:9781573229142
Depression & Other Magic Tricks is the debut book by Sabrina Benaim, one of the most-viewed performance poets of all time, whose poem “Explaining My Depression to My Mother” has become a cultural phenomenon with over 5,000,000 views. Depression & Other Magic Tricks explores themes of mental health, love, and family. It is a documentation of struggle and triumph, a celebration of daily life and of living. Benaim’s wit, empathy, and gift for language produce a work of endless wonder. Author: Sabrina Benaim ISBN: 9781943735204
Her Favorite Color Was Yellow is Edgar Holmes’ debut collection of poetry. It is an ode to his muse, his all-consuming love, his everything- how it feels to find love, lose it, and get it back. Pour yourself some coffee and curl up with this book to let yourself feel something beautiful and true. Author: Edgar Holmes ISBN:9781981101788
For fans of Milk & Honey and Chasers of the Light, the first collection of poetry by Instagram sensation Atticus. Love Her Wild is a collection of new and beloved poems from Atticus, the young writer who has captured the hearts and minds of hundreds of thousands of avid followers on his Instagram account @atticuspoetry In Love Her Wild, Atticus captures what is both raw and relatable about the smallest and the grandest moments in life: the first glimpse of a new love in Paris; skinny dipping on a summer’s night; the irrepressible exuberance of the female spirit; or drinking whiskey in the desert watching the rising sun. With honesty, poignancy, and romantic flair, Atticus distils the most exhilarating highs and the heart-breaking lows of life and love into a few perfectly evocative lines, ensuring that his words will become etched in your mind and will awaken your sense of adventure. Author: Atticus Poetry ISBN:9781472250933
From her reflections on African American life and hardship in Just Give Me a Cool Drink of Water ‘fore I Diiie to her revolutionary celebrations of womanhood in Phenomenal Woman and Still I Rise, and her elegant tributes to dignitaries Bill Clinton and Nelson Mandela (On the Pulse of Morning and His Day Is Done, respectively), every inspiring word of Maya Angelou’s poetry is included in the pages of this volume. Author: Maya Angelou ISBN:9780349006215
The book is divided into four chapters, and each chapter serves a different purpose; deals with a different pain; heals a different heartache. milk and honey takes readers through a journey of the most bitter moments in life and finds sweetness in them because there is sweetness everywhere if you are just willing to look. Author: Rupi Kaur ISBN: 9781449474256
Mind Platter is a compilation of reflections on life as seen through the eyes of an educator, student, and human who experienced her early days in silence. It is written in the words of a woman who came from Lebanon to Canada at the age of sixteen and experienced what it was like to have fate push her to a place where she didn’t belong. It is written in the voice of every person who has felt unheard, mistreated, misjudged, or unseen. The book contains over 200 one-page reflections on topics we encounter in our everyday lives: love, friendship, hurt, inspiration, respect, motivation, integrity, honesty, and more. Mind Platter is not about the words it contains, but what the reader makes of them. May this book give a voice to those who need one, be a crying shoulder for those who yearn for someone to listen, and inspire those who need a reminder of the power they have over their lives. Author: Najwa Zebian ISBN:9781449492878
‘Poetry, always foremost of the arts in traditional Africa, has continued to compete for primacy against the newer forms of prose fiction and theatre drama.’ This wonderfully comprehensive anthology of African poetry has been expanded to include ninety-nine poets from twenty-seven countries, thirty-one of whom appear for the first time. Equally wide-ranging is the content of the poetry itself: war songs and political protests jostle with poems about human love, African nature and the surprises that life offers; all are represented in these rich and colourful pages. ISBN: 9780140424720
Nectar is the second collection of poetry and prose by Malawian storyteller Upile Chisala. In this book, Upile guides through a beautiful process of blooming starting with some poems on self love then words on our roots followed by acknowledging all the fruit of these experiences. The storyteller’s hope is that these poems on growth encourage the reader to sow and to make changes in the lives of others. Born in 1994 and raised in Zomba, Upile’s hope is to tell stories from the margins and through her work help others and herself come to terms with pasts, celebrate presents and confidently dream beautiful futures. Author: Upile Chisala ISBN:9781540391704
The cry of the soul in love with God has never been more eloquently expressed than by the great Persian Sufi master Jalaluddin Rumi (1207-1273). Readers have thrilled to his ecstatic songs of divine union for more than eight hundred years. Now, here is a collection of the best of Rumi’s poetry in an edition small enough to carry with you wherever you go. Author: Kabir Helminski ISBN:9781590306352
Winner of the 2016 Goodreads Choice Award, the princess saves herself in this one is a collection of poetry about resilience. It is about writing your own ending. From Amanda Lovelace, a poetry collection in four parts: the princess, the damsel, the queen, and you. The first three sections piece together the life of the author while the final section serves as a note to the reader. This moving book explores love, loss, grief, healing, empowerment, and inspiration. the princess saves herself in this one is the first book in the “women are some kind of magic” series. Author: Amanda Lovelace ISBN:9781449486419
Published to coincide with the tenth anniversary of his death are Tupac Shakur’s private thoughts, conveyed through the pure art of poetry, a glimpse into his enigmatic life and its intense contradictions. Author: Tupac Shakur ISBN:9781416511656
In Coleman Barks? delightful and wise renderings, these poems will open your heart and soul to the lover inside and out. ?There are lovers content with longing. I?m not one of them.? Rumi is best known for his poems expressing the ecstasies and mysteries of love of all kinds – erotic, divine, friendship -and Coleman Barks collects here the best of those poems, ranging from the ?wholeness? one experiences with a true lover, to the grief of a lover?s loss, and all the states in between: from the madness of sudden love to the shifting of a romance to deep friendship – these poems cover all ?the magnificent regions of the heart?. Author: Coleman Barks ISBN:9780060750503
From the bestselling author of the Whiskey, Words, and a Shovel series comes this poetic reminder of women’s strength. There are moments when the heart no longer wishes to feel because everything it’s felt up until then has brought it nothing but anguish. In She Felt Like Feeling Nothing, r.h. Sin pursues themes of self-discovery and retrospection. With this book, the poet intends to create a safe space where women can rest their weary hearts and focus on themselves. Author:R. H. Sin ISBN:9781449494254
‘soft magic.’ is the debut collection of prose and poetry by Malawian writer, Upile Chisala. This book explores the self, joy, blackness, gender, matters of the heart, the experience of Diaspora, spirituality and most of all, how we survive. ‘soft magic.’ is a shared healing journey. Author: Upile Chisala ISBN:9781516967889
Sometimes life tastes sweet, sometimes life leaves a bitter taste in your mouth. Sometimes life is spiced up through natural events, sometimes life feels bland and tasteless. Sour Honey and Soul Food, is a book which explores the beauty and intricacies of love, life and connections, through poetry. Billy Chapata’s third book looks to touch on the variety of flavors we taste, on this beautiful journey we call life. Author: Billy Chapata ISBN:9781945322082
From Rupi Kaur, the top ten Sunday Times bestselling author of milk and honey, comes her long-awaited second collection of poetry. Illustrated by Kaur, the sun and her flowers is a journey of wilting, falling, rooting, rising and blooming. It is a celebration of love in all its forms. this is the recipe of life said my mother as she held me in her arms as i wept think of those flowers you plant in the garden each year they will teach you that people too must wilt fall root rise in order to bloom Praise for Sunday Times bestseller milk and honey: ‘Kaur is at the forefront of a poetry renaissance’ Observer ‘Kaur made her name with poems about love, life and grief. They resonate hugely’ Sunday Times ‘Poems tackling feminism, love, trauma and healing in short lines as smooth as pop music’ New York Times ‘Caught the imagination of a large, atypical poetry audience…Kaur knows the good her poetry does: it saves lives’ Evening Standard ‘Breathing new life into poetry…It has people reading, and listening’ The Pool Author: Rupi Kaur ISBN:9781471165825
What elevates ‘teaching my mother how to give birth’, what gives the poems their disturbing brilliance, is Warsan Shire’s ability to give simple, beautiful eloquence to the veiled world where sensuality lives in the dominant narrative of Islam; reclaiming the more nuanced truths of earlier times – as in Tayeb Salih’s work – and translating to the realm of lyric the work of the likes of Nawal El Saadawi. As Rumi said, “Love will find its way through all languages on its own”; in ‘teaching my mother how to give birth’, Warsan’s début pamphlet, we witness the unearthing of a poet who finds her way through all preconceptions to strike the heart directly. Warsan Shire is a Kenyan-born Somali poet and writer who is based in London. Born in 1988, she is an artist and activist who uses her work to document narratives of journey and trauma. Warsan has read her work internationally, including recent readings in South Africa, Italy and Germany, and her poetry has been translated into Italian, Spanish and Portuguese. Author: Warsan Shire ISBN:9781905233298
From an explosive new literary talent, a searing, moving memoir of family, adolescence and sexuality ‘You may not run away from the thing that you are because it comes and comes and comes as sure as you breathe.’ This is the story of Yrsa Daley-Ward, and all the things that happened – ‘even the Terrible Things (and God, there were Terrible Things)’. It’s about her childhood in the north-west of England with her beautiful, careworn mother Marcia, Linford (the man formerly known as Dad, ‘half-fun, half-frightening’) and her little brother Roo, who sees things written in the stars. It’s about growing up and discovering the power and fear of her own sexuality, of pitch grey days of pills and powder and encounters. It’s about damage and pain, but also joy. Told with raw intensity, shocking honesty and the poetry of the darkest of fairy tales, The Terrible is a memoir of going under, losing yourself, and finding your voice. Author: Yrsa Daley Ward ISBN:9781846149825
Pablo Neruda’s lost poems—recently discovered in his archive to the delight of readers and scholars—comprise this remarkable and essential volume. Originally composed on napkins, playbills, receipts, and notebooks, Neruda’s lost poems are full of eros and heartache, complex wordplay and deep wonder. Presented with the Spanish text, full-color reproductions of handwritten poems, and dynamic English translations, Then Come Back: The Lost Neruda Poems simultaneously completes and advances the oeuvre of the world’s most beloved poet. Author: Pablo Neruda ISBN:9781780373607
One of Oprah Magazine’s Ten Best Books of 2017 A TIME Magazine Best Paperback of 2017 Publishers Weekly’s Ten Best Poetry Collections of Spring A Most Anticipated book at Buzzfeed, NYLON and Bustle One of i-D’s emerging female authors to read in 2017 ‘Outstanding collection of poems. So much soul. So much intelligence in how Parker folds in cultural references and the experiences of black womanhood. Every poem will get its hooks into you. And of course, the poems about Beyoncé are the greatest because Beyoncé is our queen.’ Roxane Gay ‘I can and have read Morgan Parker’s poems over and over . . . She writes history and pleasure and kitsch and abstraction, then vanishes like a god in about 13 inches.’ Eileen Myles ‘Morgan Parker has a mind like wildfire and these pages are lit. I can’t recall being this enthralled, entertained, and made alert by a book in a very long time.’ Jami Attenberg The only thing more beautiful than Beyoncé is God, and God is a black woman sipping rosé and drawing a lavender bath, texting her mom, belly-laughing in the therapist’s office, feeling unloved, being on display, daring to survive. Morgan Parker stands at the intersections of vulnerability and performance, of desire and disgust, of tragedy and excellence. Unrelentingly feminist, tender, ruthless and sequinned, these poems are an altar to the complexities of black American womanhood in an age of non-indictments and déjà vu, and a time of wars over bodies and power. These poems celebrate and mourn. They are a chorus chanting: You’re gonna give us the love we need. Author: Morgan Parker ISBN:9781472153180
The Chilean Pablo Neruda (1904-1973) was probably the greatest and certainly the most prolific of twentieth-century Latin American poets. He brought out his first collection at the age of seventeen, and quickly developed an assured and distinctive poetic voice. His third book, Veinte Poemas de Amor y una Cancion Desesperada – Twenty Love Poems and a Song of Despair- was published in 1924 and attracted international acclaim. It remains one of the most celebrated and admired books of erotic poetry published in the last hundred years, with over a million copies sold worldwide. Neruda was awarded the Nobel Prize in 1971. Author:Pablo Neruda ISBN:9780224074414
Completely revised and expanded brand-new edition of Volume I, the first book in the Whiskey poetry trilogy! Whiskey, Words, and a Shovel, Vol. 1, is about reclaiming your power on the path to a healthy relationship. It is a testament to choosing to love yourself, even if it means heartbreak. Originally released in 2015, this re-rerelease packs the same punch as the first version, but makes an even greater connection with the soul of the reader. Each piece has been re-seen and revamped to reflect the author’s continuing journey with his partner, Samantha King, without whom this book would not exist. Samantha is the muse, the “she” the writer speaks of; she is every woman who has felt like she wasn’t good enough, and every woman who struggles to find love. Author:r.h. Sin ISBN:9781449488062
Real and raw, the voice of R. H. Sin delivers gritty, impassioned truths on matters of loving, living, and leaving in his second book of poetry. Sin’s first book is a bestseller and continues to delight his one million followers. R.H. Sin’s second volume continues the passion and vigor of his previous publication. His stanzas inspire strength through the pure emotional energy and the vulnerability of his poems. Relationships, love, pain, and fortitude are powerfully rendered in his poetry, and his message of perseverance in the face of emotional turmoil cuts to the heart of modern-day life. R.H. Sin’s poems are often only a few lines long, and yet the emotional punch of his language gives these words an enduring power beyond the short page. He doesn’t back away from the pains and struggles of life and love, and yet his determined, unapologetic voice provides a measure of comfort and a message of perseverance that is at once realistic and indomitable. This blend of determination and painful vulnerability gives his poetry a distinctive, engaging flavor. Author: r.h. Sin ISBN:9781449480356
Bestselling poet r.h. Sin completes the trilogy with Whiskey Words & a Shovel III! His raw voice delivers gritty, impassioned truths on matters of loving, living, and leaving in this final book in the series. r.h. Sin’s final volume in the Whiskey, Words, and a Shovel series expands on the passion and vigor of his first two installments. His stanzas inspire strength through the raw, emotional energy and the vulnerability of his poems. Relationships, love, pain, and fortitude are powerfully rendered in his poetry, and his message of perseverance in the face of emotional turmoil cuts to the heart of modern-day life. At roughly 300 pages, this culminating volume will be his lengthiest yet. Author: r.h. sin ISBN:9781449484590
From the poet, novelist, and cultural icon behind the award-winning and celebrated Broadway play, for colored girls who have considered suicide/when the rainbow is enuf, comes an evocative and moving bilingual collection of new and beloved poems. In this stirring collection of more than sixty original and selected poems in both English and Spanish, Ntozake Shange shares her utterly unique, unapologetic, and deeply emotional writing that has made her one of the most iconic literary figures of our time. With a clear, raw, and affecting voice, Shange draws from her experience as a feminist black woman in American to craft groundbreaking poetry about pain, beauty, and color. In the bestselling tradition of Rupi Kaur’s Milk and Honey, Wild Beauty is more than a poetry collection; it is an exquisite call to action for a new generation of women, people of color, feminists, and activists to follow in the author’s footsteps in the pursuit of equality and understanding. As The New York Times raves, “Ntozake Shange writes with such exquisite care and beauty that anyone can relate to her message.” Author: Ntozake Shange ISBN:9781501169939
2016 Goodreads Choice Award-winning poet Amanda Lovelace returns in the witch doesn’t burn in this one — the bold second book in her “women are some kind of magic” series. The witch: supernaturally powerful, inscrutably independent, and now—indestructible. These moving, relatable poems encourage resilience and embolden women to take control of their own stories. Enemies try to judge, oppress, and marginalize her, but the witch doesn’t burn in this one Author: Amanda Lovelace ISBN:9781449489427
Showing all 35 results