- '9781620972519 '
- "Most people spend far more time in preparation for their vocation than they 18049,Think Like a Freak: Secrets of the Rogue Economist"
- "We were eight years in power" was the lament of Reconstruction-era black politicians as the American experiment in multiracia17961,One Long Night H/C"
- A groundbreaking and wide-angled memoir by the acclaime19494,Everything Under"
- A history of the 1967 Six-Day War, by the BBC's distinguished former Middle East correspondent. Author: JEREMY BOWEN ISBN:9780743449694
- A2153,48 Laws of Power"
- Afr15655,REPORTING DI15474
- African Affairs
- African Fiction
- African Literature
- Author:M L Jhingan ISBN:9788182811690
- Auto/ Biography
- Barack and Michelle
- Barbara de Angelis
- Benjamin R Barber
- Business & Finance
- Children's Fiction
- Classic Literature
- Consolations of Philosophy, The
- Creativity, Inc.: Overcoming the Unseen Forces That Stand in the Way of 18977,I'll Give You the Sun"
- David Baldacci
- Diary Of A Wimpy Kid
- Don’t wait for miracl18238,Drop the Ball"
- Exit West
- Fem18693,Winnie- the-Pooh:The Complete Co18456
- Feminism & Women's Affairs
- Feminism and Women Affairs
- For Colored Girls Who Have Considered Suicide When the Rain1950,Wretched Of The Earth
- Frank Furness is recognised as one of the world's top motivators, speakers and trainers, helping salespeople, 9327,50 MANAGEMENT IDEAS"
- From My Sister Lips
- Harry Potter And The Philosopher's Stone
- Health & Relationships
- HOW TO STUDY LAW
- In this candid and riveting memoir, for the first time ever, Nike founder and CEO Phil Knight shares the inside story of the company’s 19443,Bigger Deal: Work Your Way to a Life of Meaning"
- In this fan favorite from #1 New York Times bestselling author Debbie 18430,Collected Stories
- Jesmyn Ward
- K. I. LAIBUTA
- Kenyan History
- Language/Coffee Table Books
- Leadership: James M. Burns
- Legal Practice
- Legal Practices
- Literary Ficti1918,Antigone,Soph19123,Shoe Dog: A Memoir by the Creator of NIKE"
- Literary Fiction
- Living A Life You Love: Embracing the adventure of bei19595,Master's Tools Will Never Dismantle the Master's House
- Marketing Automation
- Nick Bostrom
- No Fist Is Big Enough to Hide the Sky: The Libe18332,Hirohito and the Making of Modern Japan"
- Parenting/ Health/ Relationships
- PETER SKARZYNSKI, ROWAN GIBSON
- Popular Culture
- Popular Science/Technology
- Power & Politics
- RICHARD REED
- Sacred Marriage
- Sacred Marriage doesn't just offer techniques to make a marriage ha18453,My Husband's Wife"
- Self De18246,Captivate: The 18532
- Self Developmen3541,Family
- Self Help/Mot18803,Pride and Pre18521
- Self Help/Motivation
- Significantly streamlined and updated, the second edition of Andrews' Contract Law now provide16998,Unfinished Revolution
- Spirituality/ Religious History
- Spirituality/Religious History
- Stephen Clarke
- Steven Levingston
- Steven Pinker
- Suspense & Thriller
- The Dying Sahara: US Imperia18532,Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks
- There was a time when a US-set crime novel by a British writer (such as James Hadley Chase's No Orchids For Miss Blandish) could g8502,BREAKING DAWN"
- ULTIMATE GUIDE TO NETWORK MARKETIN9283,Funny You Should Say That"
- Understand Counselling will give you a clear understanding of the main counselling theories and help you develop vital counselling skills. It will introduce 9332,Encore Effect
- When it's not attached to your head, your very own hair takes on a disconcerting quality. Suddenly, it is strange. And yet hair finds its wa19221,Borderlines,Michela Wrong"
- World Affairs
- Young Adult
Filter by price
Tracing the careers of hip-hop’s three most dynamic stars, this deeply reported history brilliantly examines the entrepreneurial genius of the first musician tycoons: Diddy, Dr. Dre, and Jay-Z Being successful musicians was simply never enough for the three kings of hip-hop. Diddy, Dr. Dre, and Jay-Z lifted themselves from childhood adversity into tycoon territory, amassing levels of fame and wealth that not only outshone all other contemporary hip-hop artists, but with a combined net worth of well over $2 billion made them the three richest American musicians, period. Yet their fortunes have little to do with selling their own albums: between Diddy’s Ciroc vodka, Dre’s $3 billion sale of his Beats headphones to Apple, and Jay-Z’s Tidal streaming service and other assets, these artists have transcended pop music fame to become lifestyle icons and moguls. Hip-hop is no longer just a musical genre; it’s become a way of life that encompasses fashion, film, food, drink, sports, electronics and more – one that has opened new paths to profit and to critical and commercial acclaim. Thanks in large part to the Three Kings-who all started their own record labels and released classic albums before moving on to become multifaceted businessmen-hip-hop has been transformed from a genre spawned in poverty into a truly global multibillion-dollar industry. These men are the modern embodiment of the American Dream, but their stories as great thinkers and entrepreneurs have yet to be told in full. Based on a decade of reporting, and interviews with more than 100 sources including hip-hop pioneers Russell Simmons and Fab 5 Freddy; new-breed executives like former Def Jam chief Kevin Liles and venture capitalist Troy Carter; and stars from Swizz Beatz to Shaquille O’Neal, 3 Kings tells the fascinating story of the rise and rise of the three most influential musicians in America. Author: Zack O’Malley Greenburg ISBN:9780316316538
In The Seven-Day Weekend, Semler explains how he transformed a small family business into a highly profitable manufacturing, services and high-tech powerhouse – 40 times larger – while watching his favorite movies or relaxing with his son in the middle of the business day. Praise for The Seven-Day Weekend’Are there real-life lessons to be learned? The answer is yes-Pragmatic, inspirational and intriguing advice’ The Times’Ricardo Semler is our kind of capitalist.’ Guardian’In this book, Ricardo Semler tells how Semco, Latin America’s fastest growing company, uses a revolutionary way of working to run a profit making company with a work force who love their jobs.’ The Sunday Times’The Seven-Day Weekend challenges conventional approaches to work. It sparks ideas that can be applied to one’s own business [and] will certainly encourage managers to look very carefully at their management practices.’ Rocco Forte, Management Today Praise for Ricardo Semler’s Maverick!’Semco takes workplace democracy to previously unimagined frontiers’ The Times’His egalitarian approach works like a dream’ Today Author: Ricardo Semler ISBN:9780099425236
In The Angels Weep by Wilbur Smith, on a continent of breathtaking beauty and bitter suffering, two vastly different cultures clashed, mingled, and recoiled. Here, amidst mist-shrouded mountains and gold-studded plateaus, ancient tribesmen lived close to the earth, as white men dug fortunes out from beneath them and laid plans for a new civilization. Out of Southern Africa the enigmatic Cecil Rhodes built an empire in the late 1800s and attracted the brightest and bravest of a generation–including a remarkable far-flung family named Ballantyne. But for the natives, another day was dawning: a day of retribution… From a courageous woman doctor to a fierce, one-eyed slave trader turned soldier, the whites of Africa were buffeted by two horrific waves of war. And just when a bloody peace seemed possible, the seeds of future turmoil were sown … Author: Wilbur Smith ISBN:9780312940737
AMAZON.COM’s 2015 BEST BOOK OF THE YEAR NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER BARACK OBAMA’S BOOK OF THE YEAR A FINALIST FOR THE 2015 NATIONAL BOOK AWARD SHORTLISTED FOR THE 2015 NATIONAL BOOK CRITICS CIRCLE AWARD Every story has two sides. Every relationship has two perspectives. And sometimes, it turns out, the key to a great marriage is not its truths but its secrets. At age twenty-two, Lotto and Mathilde are tall, glamorous, madly in love and destined for greatness. A decade later, their marriage is still the envy of their friends, but behind closed doors things are even more complicated and remarkable than they have seemed. Author: Lauren Groff ISBN:9780099592532
A brilliantly reported, global look at universal basic income–a stipend given to every citizen–and why it might be necessary for our age of rising inequality, persistent poverty, and dazzling technology Imagine if every month the government deposited $1,000 into your checking account, with nothing expected in return. It sounds crazy, but it has become one of the most influential and hotly debated policy ideas of our time. Futurists, radicals, libertarians, socialists, union representatives, feminists, conservatives, Bernie supporters, development economists, child-care workers, welfare recipients, and politicians from India to Finland to Canada to Mexico–all are talking about UBI. In this sparkling and provocative book, economics writer Annie Lowrey looks at the global UBI movement. She travels to Kenya to see how a UBI is lifting the poorest people on earth out of destitution, India to see how inefficient government programs are failing the poor, South Korea to interrogate UBI’s intellectual pedigree, and Silicon Valley to meet the tech titans financing UBI pilots in expectation of a world with advanced artificial intelligence and little need for human labor. Lowrey examines the potential of such a sweeping policy and the challenges the movement faces, among them contradictory aims, uncomfortable costs, and, most powerfully, the entrenched belief that no one should get something for nothing. She shows how this arcane policy offers not only a potential answer for our most intractable economic and social problems, but also a better foundation for our society in this age of turbulence and marvels. Author: Annie Lowry ISBN:9780753545775
Nearly a decade after his last volume of short stories was published, Jeffrey Archer returns with his eagerly-awaited, brand-new collection TELL TALE, giving us a fascinating, exciting and sometimes poignant insight into the people he has met, the stories he has come across and the countries he has visited during the past ten years. Find out what happens to the hapless young detective from Naples who travels to an Italian hillside town to find out Who Killed the Mayor? and the pretentious schoolboy in A Road to Damascus, whose discovery of the origins of his father’s wealth changes his life in the most profound way. Revel in the stories of the 1930’s woman who dares to challenge the men at her Ivy League University in A Gentleman and A Scholar while another young woman who thumbs a lift gets more than she bargained for in A Wasted Hour. These wonderfully engaging and always refreshingly original tales prove not only why Archer has been compared by the critics to Dahl and Maugham, but why he was described by The Times as probably the greatest storyteller of our age. Author: Jeffery Archer ISBN:9781509884100
The Civil Contingencies Act 2004 modernised the UK’s approach to disaster and emergency management, taking into account the kinds of threats the country faces in the 21st century, including terrorist threats and threats to the environment. This third edition of the Tolley’s Handbook of Disaster and Emergency Management has been fully updated to cover the topics and themes reflected in the Act, and collates all the key components of disaster and emergency planning for both the public and the private sector, covering both man-made and natural disasters. Written from a UK practitioner’s point of view, using case studies and examples, it helps readers to understand and formulate disaster and emergency policies and systems for their workplace. Its practical approach will help organizations to ensure business continuity and safeguard the health and safety of their staff in the event of a disaster. The new edition has been updated in line with the latest legislation: * Civil Contingencies Act 2004 * Amendment to the Control of Major Accident Hazards (COMAH) Regulations * Corporate Manslaughter Bill Author: Tony Moore, Raj Lakha ISBN:9780750669900
Showing all 10 results